Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pitchers and LoDuca report in 21 Days

Hey, it's my first post on this blog! If you'd like to get a feel for what I'm about, check out my other, non-baseball blog at www.mikey5.blogspot.com. Welcome, and please also visit my favorite Mets blogs as listed on the right hand side of this page!

I survived through Year One without my Mets in 2005. I only made it to one Mets game last season (Opening Day), but did make it to see the White Sox in Chicago in September, on their way to winning the World Series.

Thank goodness for the internet. I swear, it's human's best invention since the beginning of time. Forget fire, the wheel, or curing polio; the internet has allowed me to follow my team! I listed to radio broadcasts, watched Pedro pitch on some TV broadcasts, kept up with Mets news articles, breaking news, and even heard some radio interviews from WFAN radio.

In 2006 I plan on going to some more games, both at Shea and away, in D.C. and Atlanta, and I'm also going to break down and subscribe to the overpriced Extra Innings package on DirecTV.

But right now it's the end of January, the Hot Stove has cooled off, and I'm sitting patiently waiting for Spring Training. It feels so far away!

So that's what this blog will be about. There are plenty of places to get breaking news, so that's not what this site is for. Always Amazin' and MetsBlog do great jobs of summarizing daily Mets news, so if you're a Mets fan you should be reading their sites daily.

This site will be more in the vein of Vinny's and Kranepool's blogs, where I will give my opinions on the direction of the team and such. This blog will be a bit different as it comes from the perspective of a transplanted fan. I will try and incorporate that perspective as best I can within my posts. I am betting there are lots of other Mets fans out there who are in the same boat as me.

I hope you enjoy reading, and Lets Go Mets!

No comments: