Thursday, February 09, 2006

Awards Show Season

I meant to watch The Grammys last night, but completely forgot about them. Instead, I watched a cool episode of Lost. I'm surprised that Lost was a new episode last night, going up against The Grammys, and I'm curious to find out how the ratings of each show were affected... In any case, I have no comments on The Grammys because I didn't buy much of the music that was nominated, but if you need to get some awards commentary from me I'll do my best:

Over at Faith and Fear in Flushing, Greg takes the time to list his assessment of The 100 Greatest Mets Of The First Forty Years. This is actually a list that was complied last March, but it's interesting to review again a year later. Still glad to see Mookie Wilson at #11, Mookie being the guy I named my dog after.

But what I am most happy about is that with the 2005 contributions of Pedro Martinez and David Wright, it's safe to assume that the next time a list like this is compiled, #98 Lenny Harris will have been permanently bumped off the list.

Here's a guy who was only kept around because he was buddies with Mr. Piazza. The fact that he broke the record for most pinch hit at bats in a season, as well as the most pinch hits in a career, only serves to remind me that he was too horrible to start games very often.

He might have a great personality, but I'd much rather see him as a character on some outrageous sitcom than on any kind of Mets list.

No comments: