Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Marlins On The Move

Last season I was hoping that Carlos Delgado would get hurt, and have to rehab in Greensboro, where I could throw eggs at him. This season I hope he hits 50 homeruns. What a difference a year makes, huh?

This week the Marlins made it known that they were doing everything they could to stay in south Florida, as they discuss potential new stadium sites in the area northwest of downtown Miami. previously they announced they were investigating moving to Las Vegas when their Floridian obligations are complete.

Since their inception in 1993, the Marlins haven't been able to draw any kind of fan support. They claim if they could only build a new stadium, everything would be different. Look, I haven't been to Pro Player Stadium/Dolphins Satdium, and I am sure it has to stink playing baseball in a football stadium, but if two World Championships in six years doesn't get an area charged for baseball, I seriously doubt that a glitzy ballpark and eight dollar hotdogs will.

The Marlins should just forget Florida and also forget Vegas, and just move to Charlotte so I could get my major league fix whenever I wanted. If North Carolina can support a hockey team, they surely could support a baseball team. There are plenty of Braves fans around here, waiting to be converted!

No comments: