Quick Review: Nationals Park
Still recovering from the long drive up from DC. I'll post a full review soon, hopefully tomorrow, but in the meantime here are some quick reactions about my trip to see the Mets play at Nationals Park:
- I want to know if HOK (the designers of Citi Field) also did this park because whoever did, did a much better job.
- Access to the park is super easy from the DC Metro.
- 360 degrees of the field from ALL levels.
- No obstructed views.
- Fantastic food options.
- A great value - I scored upper deck seats day of game for $20 each. There are also grandstand seats for $5, available day of game only, but we bought our seats from the kiosk and I think you have to talk to a live person to get the $5 seats?
- Something is crazy with the big analog clock in right field, it was 15 minutes slow at game time, but by the end of the game it was almost a full hour behind!
- Someone needs to tell Walgreens that the Nationals stole their logo.
- How do 8 runs get scored in a baseball game that only lasts two hours?
- I am officially a jinx for the 2009 Mets - I am 0 for 3 seeing the in person this year!
- TONS of Mets fans at the park.
- I will have to post this separately, as it is too long and crazy story to bury it here, but I managed to get my picture taken with Dwight Gooden, who was in attendance at the game!
- Brag all you want, Washington fans, but until your team finishes above .500 for the season, they are still the Expos!