Sunday, September 17, 2006

Blacked Out!

What to do if you're an out-of-market Mets fan and the team is on the verge of clinching? The last two nights I've been able to watch SNY on DirecTV, but this afternoon's game is on New York's Channel 11, (is it CW yet?) and I have no access to that channel!

What are the options? We don't want to miss the clincher!

MLB.com has two options:

Gameday Audio. I signed up for this the last two years. For $15 a year, you get access to the radio broacasts of every team in baseball. This is especially great for afternoon weekday games, for listening at my desk at work. This is probably what I'm going to do this afternoon. If you haven't signed up for it yet, it's just $8 for the rest of the year, including the postseason.

MLB.TV. If you have a broadband connection, for $19.95 you can watch the games on your computer. You get virtually every game for every team the rest of the year. I did this a few times last season, when you could buy games for about $5.00 each. This year you could only buy by the month or for the season. But today, you may want to consider this an option - $20. That's less than the price of a ticket to today's game if you could make it to Pittsburgh!

Here's another option:
Hope the Mets lose today and the Phillies win, so the Mets can try to clinch at home tomorrow night. I am NOT rooting for this to happen. First of all, I've had enough of the Phillies and want them to lose every game for the rest of the year. Second of all, while it would be great for the Mets to win on their home field, I'm getting impatient. Get it done today, guys. I'll be listening!!!

By the way, for the game on the 25th, the last home game of the season, the team is handing out some atrocity called Fandinis to the first 25,000 fans who come to the game. I guess they are hoping to have these catch on for the playoffs or something? I am sorry, but I do not want these stupid things to become part of Mets lore. If you go to the game, use the fake do-rags to hold your soft pretzel and then dump 'em on the way to the bathroom. These things are hideous!! Worst idea since Our Team Our Time theme song.

No comments: