Monday, February 20, 2006

Back, Back, Way Back

I returned from my Costa Rican vacation to learn that Mets tickets go on sale this coming Sunday. I have never actually tried to camp out at Shea to buy tickets, so living in NC doesn't make much of a difference, especially since with Vonage I wouldn't have to pay long distance charges to call (718) 507-TIXX, but I unfortunately will be in Utah this Sunday, so won't be able to use my broadband internet access to try and buy the tickets. I don't even remember the last time I didn't go to Opening Day, but this year it will be a challenge to get tickets, as I will be armed with only my wife's- and my- cell phones & the dial-up internet access at my in-laws. I think I am going to hope that one of my buddies will score the tix! But we will see.

Meanwhile, the funniest thing I read is that Jose Lima has been invited to camp! I think he's just there to keep Pedro entertained; I can't imagine he'll make the team. From today's Newsday...

Major League Baseball refused Lima permission to wear No. 42 because he didn't have it the last two years with the Royals or Dodgers. He will wear No. 99 instead. "I'm not mad," Lima said.

I guess the Mets aren't on planning on retiring Turk Wendell's old number, huh?

No comments: