Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I Was (Sort Of) Right

On February 22nd I predicted that Bret Boone would be traded before Opening Day. Well, I was correct in predicting that Boone would never play for the Mets. In fact, he won't play at all. Boone retired yesterday, saying he just wasn't up to the job, physically.

My actual prediction was that Boone would play so well that he'd be enticing as trade bait and be traded before playing a regular season game for the Mets. The polar opposite actually happened, but the end result of my prediction was sort of right. Except we didn't get anything in return for him...

Well, I'm still predicting Jeff Keppinger will win the 2nd base job. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Mets Guy in Michigan said...

Hey, just stumbled across your site. Nice job! I'm a transplanted Mets fan, too, at www.metsguyinmichigan.blogspot.com

Keep up the good work!

Dave