Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Where Have I Been?

When I first met my wife, I promised her that as long as she was with me, life would never be boring. That is one promise I've held true to. The last two months have turned everything up on it's head, but all for the positive.

The first is that I am starting a new job next month, a new job that requires a relocation which also means I'll no longer be a transplanted Mets fan! Unless you consider Central New Jersey to be out of town! Which, growing up on Long island I sure did.

The second piece of big news is that I'm going to be a dad! Scary thought, huh? And I only have months left to plan on how to ensure the kid will be a Mets fan. My dad is a huge Yankees fan and somehow I escaped his efforts to make me a Yankees fan. To make matters worse, I'll be within driving distance of Citizens Bank Park and am worried about The Phillie Phanatic influence! The strategy begins...

SO... With all the big changes I still have to figure out how this blog figures into my new life. I am open to suggestion. One thing I have been toying with is expanding the authorship of this blog to others. So, if there are any out-of-market Mets fans out there who would like to contribute to this site, please post a comment or drop me a line at michaelvcreative-blogwriter@yahoo.com and let me know you're interested. A writing sample or two wouldn't hurt either.

Other than that I still have creative energies flowing and an accompanying Mets passion that makes Mets blogging an interest. How to do it in the midst of a relocation to a new job in New Jersey while tending to a pregnant wife is still a mystery I'm trying to decode. Post your suggestions, please!

2 comments:

Theresa A said...

I am originally from Central Jersey and I am a Mets fan. I moved to South Jersey and now am in Phillies territory. My advice to you is to get a satelite Sports package or MLB package on cable... and go to as many games as you can. Shea is still drivable. Or take the train.
By the way, north of Hamilton, NJ you can still get SNY, but you are SOL if you are the next town south and beyond (which is my case)
Good Luck!:-)

Dangerous Dreamer said...

I am a transplanted Mets fan now living in Wake Forest, NC. Congrats on your new job and coming fatherhood!

I would be happy to be a contributor. I am just a regular guy, not pro-writer so I am not sure what you are looking for...but it sounds like fun. I have my own blog called thethingsyoubelieveyoureseeing.blogspot.com
which is read by millions, well maybe dozens but I working on it. I also am an Elton John fan, drove all the way up from NC to attend Elton's 60th Birthday concert at MSG, what a show. My other internet activites are an Elton John message board called "The Crazy Water Forum" at http://p211.ezboard.com/bthecrazywaterezboard and an Elton news blog at crazywaterejnews.blogspot.com.

So there you have my extensive and nearly impressive resume.

Bruce