Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Game Six Tonight - Ya Gotta Believe!

Yes, the Mets are on the verge of elimination, facing the Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter tonight. Yes, we still have no idea who will pitch tomorrow if the Mets win tonight. Yes, our vaunted offense has mostly looked meager for most of this NLCS. But, still, if you are an orange and blue bleeding Mets fan to your core, YOU HAVE GOT TO BELIEVE!

BELIEVE!

MIRACLE METS!

BASEBALL LIKE IT OUGHTA BE

METS MAGIC

AMAZIN'!

AMAZIN' AGAIN!

I want this so badly. I know that this team is built for teh future, and this year is supposed to be the first in a line of successive successful seasons. But we have all felt the thirst of a decade long drought, and I fear waiting that long again to taste the postseason. This, after all is THE TEAM, THE TIME! I have tickets to a World Series Game 3 at Shea. I don't want to get my $161 refunded. I want to SHOW UP AT SHEA next week and scream HARDBALL IS BACK! I want the Mets to do what the Yankees couldn't and what I know the Cardinals can't do - tame the Tigers. The media is calling the Tigers this year's Team Of Destiny, but I say "IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER."

LETS GO METS!

No comments: