Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Call Me Soothsayer - It's Milledge Time!

Just yesterday, I suggested that the Mets call up Milledge and sit Nady for a week. The only complication was room on the roster spot. I almost even suggested that the Mets DL Nady for an "injury," but I am too superstitious too ever do that. Well today, we learn from Matt Cerrone:

Mets OF Xavier Nady was forced to have emergency appendectomy surgery and will be out for roughly four weeks… As such, the Mets have promoted OF Lastings Milledge


Oh baby! I can't wait to see what this kid can do with the big club. At AAA Norfolk, Milledge is hitting .291 with sixteen doubles, two triples and four homers. He's also got a .425 On-base percentage. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to run out to go play the North Carolina State Lottery.

No comments: