Monday, May 01, 2006

Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

I got a little confident yesterday morning. I was admiring my broom, and preparing to load it into the ol' Hyundai to bring it into work this morning to sweep around the feet of my co-workers who are Braves fans. Alas, it was not to be. But taking two out of three from Atlanta, in Atlanta, is still pretty sweet.

My wife and I volunteer with the local chapter of Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and we have a seven-year-old "little brother" that, as part of providing a good influence, I am doing my darndest to convert into a Mets fan. Timing is everything, and I was so pleased that right after I loaded him into the car yesterday afternoon to bring him back to our place to throw the ball around, Carlos Beltran hit a two run homer and we celebrated in the car. Later, when the game was over and the Mets had lost, I reminded him that the Mets were still very much in first place. He understood, but he still things the Grasshoppers would have a good shot at beating the Mets in a head-to-head game. Brainwashing takes time, folks.

No comments: