Friday, June 09, 2006

The Duque Is In!

Man, what a performance last night by El Duque and the Mets. Seven runs for the offense; nine innings for a complete game by Orlando Hernandez. I tried my darndest to stay awake for the whole thing but I was fortunate enough to have my eyes opened during the early offense outburst as well as the final half inning when the game came to a close.

Kind of funny that last week the rotation was shifted around so that El Duque wouldn't have to face his old club so fast. What a wasted opportunity! Every game he starts from here on out should be against an old club. Make sure he's slotted for the Yankees series!

I'm headed to Charlotte tonight to see Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers perform. There's an outside chance that WFAN will come in on the radio on the way home, but it's not likely.

Lets Go Mets!

No comments: