Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Got Opening Day Tickets!!

I was successful in landing tickets to Opening Day (and six other games) this morning, when I bought the Mets Opener Pack, a group of seven games pre-selected by the Mets.

As soon as I got the confirmation from Mets.com, I put in my request to HR to take Monday, April 9th as a "Floating Holiday." Not a vacation day, not a personal day. Opening Day is a bigger holiday than Thanksgiving for me. And lucky for us Opening Day falls the Monday after Good Friday this year, so I'll be able to make it a four day trip up to New York to see the Mets play the Phillies in Shea Stadium's penultimate home opener. As for the other six games I bought tickets to? Doesn't look promising. But I am slotting Labor day weekend for a trip down to Turner Field.

Opening Day 2007! Hope to see you there!

No comments: