Monday, January 08, 2007

Transplanted Ex-Mets Update: Roger Cedeno and Miguel Cairo

Roger Cedeno is back in baseball, agreeing to a minor-league contract with the Baltimore ex-Mets. If he makes the club, he'll earn a half-million dollars and get the privilege of sharing a locker room with Bruce Chen, Chad Bradford, Kris Benson, Melvin Mora and Jay Payton.

Miguel Cairo re-signed with the Yankees this weekend. He will either be the Yankees utility infielder, or else he'll serve as the righthanded platoon at first base to fellow 2005-era Met Doug Mientkiewicz.


By the way, I am about to switch over to Google's "new" blogger utility. Hopefully this site won't crash or delete all my old posts or anything like that. They tell me the transition will be seamless, but I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully there will be a benefit to the change, of which Google has been selling hard. Wish me luck!

No comments: