Thursday, April 20, 2006

Free Cerrone!

Matt Cerrone, creator and chief writer on Metsblog.com is quitting his job so he can write for Metsblog.com full time!

Starting next Thursday, MetsBlog.com will become my only job... I will cut ties with my current employer and dedicate myself 100 percent to MetsBlog.com, which will be financially supported mostly by advertising revenue and donations from readers…

Metsblog is an awesome resource for Mets fans, and I don't know a better way to stay up to date on Mets news. Plus, it's FREE! If we can spread the word about advertising on this site maybe we can keep it around. Matt's gotta eat, right? I am surprised there aren't more advertisers on this site. For a company who wantsto sell something to Mets fans, it seems like a must-buy. This week he mentioned something that appeared on my site, and I got over 1,000 hits in one day. I'm betting that's just a fraction of his readership. So I'm posting this to say -

I'm 30, male, and have some disposable income. If any company is trying to reach people like me, I suggest advertising on Metsblog.com.

No comments: