Monday, October 09, 2006

Friggin' Yankees Ineptitude Dash My World Series Dreams

As much as I enjoy seeing the Yankees get bounced in the first round, it screws up my World Series plans. As a transplanted Mets fan, if the Mets and Yankees were to have squared off against the Yankees in the World Series, it would have given me a chance to see at least one of the games in person, because an all-New York series would have guaranteed weekend World Series games in New York, and I had vowed to make the ten hour drive to see a game.

But if the Mets make it to the World Series, the games at Shea would be Tuesday (game 3), Wednesday (game 4) and Thursday (game 5), and of course with no vacation days left to spare, having a job greatly interferes with my ability to drive up to New York mid-week. Oakland is not within driving distance, and while Detroit is, I'm not sure that's the city I want to want to make a trek to on my own.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself anyway, but here's the World Series schedule:

Gm 1 NLCS winner at ALCS winner Sat Oct. 21 7:30 p.m.
Gm 2 NLCS winner at ALCS winner Sun Oct. 22 7:30 p.m.
Gm 3 ALCS winner at NLCS winner Tue Oct. 24 8 p.m.
Gm 4 ALCS winner at NLCS winner Wed Oct. 25 8 p.m.
Gm 5 ALCS winner at NLCS winner Thu Oct. 26 8 p.m.
Gm 6 NLCS winner at ALCS winner Sat Oct. 28 7:30 p.m.
Gm 7 NLCS winner at ALCS winner Sun Oct. 29 7:30 p.m.

Damn Yankees!

No comments: