Monday, April 10, 2006

Off Day Blues

How much does it stink to have an off day today? I guess the boys deserve a day off like anyone else, but when the Mets are playing the way they are playing, you don't want to stop the momentum! There's not much around baseball to catch Mets fans attention either. The Braves and Phillies start a three game series today, and I guess we should just root for a 2-1 split of the games in the Phillies favor, which would mean a 3-6 record for the Phillies and a 4-6 record for the Braves heading into the weekend. The longer both teams stay sub-.500 the better for the Mets.

If we want to really stretch things a bit, we can also hope the Cardinals cool off the red-hot Brewers (I can't believe I just wrote that) over the next three games as the Cards open their new stadium against first-place Milwaukee (I can't believe I just wrote that). The Brewers arrive at Shea for a three-game set on Friday, followed by Atlanta.

No comments: